HYDRO requres water surface and flow initial condition. This view allows the user to specify default initial conditions. The default initial condition is required. The default will be overridden if a restart file is used.
- Channel Initial Conditions
- Channel number of channel where initial condition is to be applied.
- Distance along channel where initial condition is to be applied. This may be a numerical distance or the keyword "length" to indicate the end of the channel. If you edit an entry that says "length", you may see a complicated coded value, which is only for internal use.
- Initial water surface elevation.
- Initial flow (cfs).
- CHAN_NO, DISTANCE
- Parent Table:
- Table is parent
- Include Block:
- Default initial values specified in the GUI are replaced if a restart file is used.
- Currently, QUAL cannot take a spatially distributed default initial condition for constituent concentrations. It has only a single scalar.
- Reservoir initial surfaces should be matched to the surrounding channels. Differences imply a flow, and if you haven't accounted for the flow in your other initial conditions you will have a flow imbalance or even instability on the first step.
The table pairs channel locations with default initial values. Interpolation is used between locations. Water surface (stage) and flow must be specified at the upstream and downstream ends of the channel.