is a river, estuary, and land modeling system.
- River - Can simulate riverine systems, and has been extended
from Sacramento to Shasta Dam. Also has been tested with high flow/stage
simulations for flood modeling.
- Estuary - Completely flexible estuary model; stages and flows
may be specified at boundary and internal points.
- Land - Includes effects from land-based processes, such as
consumptive use and agricultural runoff.
DSM2 can calculate stages, flows, velocities; many mass transport processes,
including salts, multiple non-conservative constituents, temperature,
THM formation potential and individual particles.
The model is copyrighted by the State of California, Department of Water
Resources. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version
2. This means it can be copied, distributed, and modified freely, but
you may not restrict others in their ability to copy, distribute, and
modify it. See the License for more details. Also notice the list
of protected routines.
DSM2 Source Code
- Steps to compile the source code
- Extract all the files from the zipped file dsm2.zip.
- To compile and create a hydro executable file, open hydro workspace
"hydro.dsw" from the Compaq Visual Developer. Once compilation
process is completed, the hydro executable file "hydro.exe"
will be created under the folder "hydro/release" or "hydro/debug"
depending on your selection.
- Repeat the same process to compile and create qual executable file
with qual workspace qual.dsw.